Recent events have created an opportunity for Americans to seek change that will benefit everyone both socially and economically. Denny Smith has been leading seminars on diversity and inclusion since 2010. His hands-on workshops provide a platform for diverse audiences to foster courageous but civil dialogue, then work together for systemic change to elevate the quality of life for all of us.
A pro-active approach for diminishing racism and other forms of discrimination
in the workplace, in our schools, and in our communities.
Wednesday, June 24, 2020
Marriott • 404 W. St. Germain, St. Cloud
8:30 to 11:30 a.m. or 1:00 to 4:00 p.m.
Dismantling Racism starts with getting in touch with our own fears as an integral first step for diminishing racism, sexism, and other forms of discrimination. It focuses on the imperative challenge of working for systemic change to create communities that are safe and welcoming for ALL people.
- Identify 8 significant historical events in our struggle for equality.
- How to lead and engage in courageous but civil conversations about racism, sexism and other divisive issues.
- How to identify and deal with micro-aggression.
- How to calmly correct racial and other discriminatory remarks.
- How to implement four steps to embracing diversity and inclusion.
- How to work for systemic change in education, health care, closing the achievement gap, and economic opportunity.
standards apply, including masks and social distancing.
Denny Smith, a former teacher and coach, has been conducting diversity training sessions since 2010. He teaches participants how to get in touch with their own bias, how to engage in courageous but civil conversations about race and discrimination, and how to work for systemic change; all in a non-threatening atmosphere. His sometimes emotional, sometimes humorous, but always sincere approach to his audience and subject manner has been enjoyed by diverse audiences in 21 states and Canada.